CO-HOSTED BY MULTICULTURAL YOUTH ADVOCACY NETWORK, SYDNEY
This half day workshop will introduce the tools and strategies to have value-based conversations with family, friends and people of influence about the issues that impact people seeking asylum.
At the workshop you will:
- Learn to apply a new language and discourse that evokes a powerful shift in community attitudes toward refugees and people seeking asylum
- Learn new messaging strategies to maximise the results of your advocacy efforts
- Workshop your ideas and receive practical feedback
- Expand your networks and meet like minded people
- Gain access to new tools and resources
This workshop is co-hosted by Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network (MYAN) NSW for its Youth Ambassadors. The event is open to members of the public who meet the following eligibility rules:
- 12 - 25 years of age
- From a refugee, migrant or culturally and linguistically diverse background
Here is what one of our participants thought about the recent Sydney workshop: "The workshop was very effective especially because it gave us the chance to practice our new found skills with role playing. I realise it takes practice but I'm convinced that values-based language is effective in changing people's opinions."
We look forward to seeing you there!
Register below (free) to secure your place.
260 Liverpool Rd
Ashfield, NSW 2131
Google map and directions